Porphobilinogen ( PBG )
Urine Porphobilinogen (PBG) is useful for the evaluation of neurologic and/or psychiatric symptoms to exclude acute porphyrias such as acute intermittent porphyria (AIP), veriegate porphyria and hereditary coproporphyria.
After sample preparation the sample is measured on our BIO-UV double beam UV/Vis spectrophotometer at 553nm. The results are normalised to creatinine concentration and reported as a ratio of amounts (micromoles of porphyrin / millimoles of creatinine).
- Up to 20 samples per batch measured either sequentially or using an automatic cell changer
- Sample number and or patient name can be entered
- 553nm absorbance and PBG calculation (umol/l) automatically performed
- Selectable PBG upper and lower concentration warning limits
- Sample dilution taken into consideration for calculation
- PBG / Creatinine ratio calculated (umol/mmol)